Summit Insurance Advisors

Jump to navigation
RSS

Jan 15, 2014

One of the biggest threats to your home is hard to detect because unlike a burglar, for example, it is completely invisible.

It’s carbon monoxide, the colorless, odorless gas that creeps into your home. It is extremely dangerous and even deadly. Carbon monoxide forms when fuels don’t burn out completely. In most cases, the lethal gas forms in heaters, vehicles, generators or in any other device where an open flame is present. Unfortunately, all of these are common in a standard home.

During the winter, the danger is heightened as a result of people using their heating systems more often than usual.

While the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning is present in most homes, it isn’t prevalent thanks to the various methods of detection and protection that are available. Otherwise, we’d hear news reports of deaths resulting from carbon monoxide poisoning every day.

To ensure you and your family are safe from carbon monoxide, Summit Insurance, offering the best homeowners insurance in Arizona, recommends outfitting each floor of your home with a carbon monoxide detector. It would also be a good idea to add one in your garage, where carbon monoxide is present from car exhaust pipes.

If you already have a carbon monoxide detector, make sure to replace the batteries every few months and the detector entirely every five years. This will ensure it is working at its best to protect your loved ones.

480-214-3544

866-711-5973 (fax)

Our location:

Scottsdale office

5425 E Bell Road Suite 103
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
Live chat

Additional navigation:

Home | About | Contact | Service | Privacy | Companies | Search | Disclaimer

© 2017 Summit Insurance Advisors